visural-wicket 0.6.5 release is available!
Published Thu, 25 Nov 2010 • 7 comments
This version is mostly a minor enhancement and fix release, but includes almost 6 months worth of patches based on production use of the library.
There are a number of fixes and enhancements based on user requests, and some new features and fixes based on my own work.
Note: this release separates the visural-common and visural-wicket library JARs.
Previously they were bundled together into a single JAR file, however this caused issues with release cycles for each library. However, I have included a visural-common-and-wicket-0.6.5.jar in the release package which leaves them bundled if you'd rather not have two JAR files attached to your project.
New Component: Client-side Tab-pages component
Unlike other implementations I've seen, this tab control retains tab state even when updating via Ajax.
It also has an intuitive implementation pattern that requires only adding a wicket:id to a single wrapping <div> tag containing the tab's <div>'s.
Fancybox updated to latest v1.3.1
The new version of Fancybox (the image gallery component) has been integrated into visural-wicket, and it features an improved API with more options.
These options have been exposed in visural-wicket and javadoc has been included for each based on Fancybox's API docs.
Example app includes InputHint example
The "InputHintBehavior" hasn't changed at all, but there is now an example for it in the "live demo site" and examples application.
DropDown control changes
The DropDown control has had several fixes and improvements.
- The "Show All" / "Filter List" feature that would appear as the first line in the list is now optional and can be disabled.
- The "arrow icon" that appears at the right of the control can now be switched off. This may be desirable when working as a "suggest" or "auto-complete" style control, rather than a DropDownChoice style control.
- The drop list now appears as the width of the overall box and is positioned more consistently with the CSS styling of the control.
All Components - Allow disable of JS & CSS static header contributions
To assist with static resource packing and packaging all components now have a -
Overriding, and returning false here will cause the component to avoid adding it's resource contributions during construction. You are then free to repackage them as you see fit as part of your build process.
No longer necessary to manually add excanvas.js for BeautyTipsBehavior
Previously users had to manually add the ExCanvas.js header contributor for Internet Explorer support for the tool-tip behaviour - BeautyTips. This contributor will now be added automatically, so everything works "out of the box". This won't affect code that adds it manually, so it's just a simplification for new users.
JQuery 1.4+ and other JS library compatibility
JQuery 1.4 comptability has been introduced and all components should now work under v1.4.
The JQuery resource reference now takes a version parameter and 1.3 and 1.4 versions of JQuery are included with visural-wicket out of the box.
For backward compatibility, if no version is provided 1.3 is used as the default. For existing projects this is no change.
Additionally, all of the generated code now uses "jQuery(...)" rather than "$(...)" so if you are using multiple libraries overriding the "$(..)" function then you should now be able to use visural-wicket in your project.
All components implement security interfaces and have a serialVersionUID
All of the visural-wicket components now implement ISecureEnableComponent, ISecureRenderComponent which lets them work seamlessly with the security features built into the library.
In additional all of the classes that may end up Serialized in a user session now have a serialVersionUID = 1, to reduce deserialization issues between releases.
Add German date form (dd.mm.yyyy) to DateInputBehavior
As per user request, the german-style date format of dd.mm.yyyy has been added DateFormat.DDMMYYYY_DOTS.
- Issues with rendering of modal dialog when using AJAX refreshes Fix #49 Fix #51
- Input Hint and InvokeClientSideFormSubmitHandler broken by Wicket 1.4.11 (Fix #58)
- Date Input popup can appear in the wrong location (Fix #59)
- Depending on DOM placement, modal dialog overlay doesn't cover whole screen (Fix #60)
- Modal Indicator components do not appear above Modal Dialog (Fix #62)
- Can't select bottom record in a DropDown (firefox)
So as you can see, this is a pretty decent release even if it was a while coming :)
Hope you find these changes useful, as always I welcome feedback, so if you have any ideas, questions or problems then please drop me a line.
About the Author
Richard Nichols is an Australian software engineer with a passion for making things.
You might also enjoy reading -
- visural-wicket 0.7.0 release with support for Wicket 1.5
- Automatic release packaging w/ version numbers for Netbeans Java Projects...
- visural-wicket 0.5 released - ready for action!
- visural-wicket 0.6 released - lots of new components!
- LessCSS available in Java and Wicket - less.js